NuvaRing contraceptive ring is a process in which you insert a small, flexible plastic ring inside your vagina. The product then frequently administers lower doses progestin and estrogen (hormones) that helps in pregnancy prevention. It is 98% efficient and only has to be inserted and removed after 3 weeks.
Get a prescription for NuvaRing from your doctor:
If you go to your doctor, he/she will perhaps do a standard pelvic exam in order to examine your vagina, ovaries, cervix, and uterus. The exam will only last a few minutes and the whole appointment will perhaps be less than an hour. You can buy NuvaRing online or at local drug store. The rings are one-size, and thus it fits all.
- Ask your physician about whether NuvaRing is likely to fit your lifestyle, birth control needs, and budget. If you have health concerns, or are worried about side effects, or are taking other medications, discuss them with your doctor.
- You must store the rings at room temperature and should not expose to direct sunlight. Avoid the usage of expired rings.
Start the NuvaRing during the first five days of your period:
This will enable the ring to protect you immediately. If you begin later in your cycle, you will require a backup method of contraceptive for the first 7 days of using the ring.
- Spermicide and Condoms can be used as backup methods with the ring.
- Diaphragms, sponges, and cervical caps must not be used because they can be hard to place correctly.
- You need to keep the ring inside your vagina for 3 weeks and afterward, you can start using a new one. If you have high blood clots or while breastfeeding, in such case consult your doctor about what is best for you.
Choose a position that is comfortable for you:
NuvaRing birth control can be inserted very easily, so you will perhaps have the easiest time if you use the same position. You can do it while.
- The best method for you if you are nervous is lying on your back in bed.
- Sitting on a chair or the toilet.
- Standing with one leg up, like as on the toilet seat. Few females find this method easiest while starting.
- You can make use of an empty tampon to insert the ring, then remove a tampon from the applicator and then use the empty applicator to insert the NuvaRing.
Prepare the NuvaRing:
Firstly, wash your hands thoroughly before you open the NuvaRing package.
- Try to open it with the help of notches. Tear gently as you will keep the foil.
- Keep the resealable foil packaging so you can use it to dispose of the ring when you are done with it.
- Pinch the sides of the ring flat between your index finger and thumb, such that it makes a long loop. Now you are ready to insert it.
Slide the folded ring into your vagina:
- Use your index finger to push it in.
- If it feels uncomfortable, you may not have a place in far enough.
- It does not have to be in a specific position in order for its effectiveness. You might occasionally feel it if it moves a little bit and may be aware of it, however, it must not hurt.
- If you have pain, or cannot find it again inside your vagina, consult your physician. Sporadically females have inserted it into their bladder.
Women should remove the NuvaRing vaginal ring exactly at the same time they had inserted it and exactly 3 weeks later.