Safe and effective, medical abortion is performed in the first trimester of pregnancy within 9 weeks of gestation. While today abortion pills are available to self-initiate the procedure at home, earlier things were a lot different. In ancient times botanical preparations, strenuous physical activities, and poisons were among the few used for pregnancy termination. However, in most cases, this led to irreparable scenarios such as death, profuse bleeding, injury to the reproductive organs, or disability.
In this post, we will talk about the history and developments of medical abortion and the pills that women can take to end a pregnancy early, with more details.
History of Medication Abortion: The Beginning Stages
With time, advancement in pharmaceutical science helped inventors to ready medications that could effortlessly empty the uterus, just like a natural miscarriage. Now, you can obtain the best abortion pills on the advice of your healthcare provider. But there is a journey behind such ease of access. Here is a brief overview of the history of medical abortion:
· In 1965, Swedish researchers tested abortifacients, and Lars Engström, a physician put out published material on the clinical trial done at Karolinska Hospital in Stockholm for the compound F6103.
· The aim was to induce an abortion in pregnant Swedish women through an abortion pill. But the results were largely not successful with the said compound.
· After which, prostaglandin medicine was applied for pregnancy termination by prostaglandin scientists in Sweden, who later bagged the 1982 Nobel Prize in Physiology for their contribution to the healthcare field.
Recent Developments Regarding Abortion Pills
Now, the medication to end a pregnancy is available in an online MTP Kit, containing Mifepristone 200mg and Misoprostol 200mcg x 4 pills. The pill contents are authorized for use by women in early pregnancy. Together, the pills can expel the pregnancy portions by the womb without causing any health damage. But you need to follow the intake method properly and the dosage for the right outcome. Here is more about the recent developments in the non-invasive technique to terminate an unplanned pregnancy.
· With prostaglandin E1 analogs available widely in the 1970s and Mifepristone (anti-progesterone) also known as RU486 (in the 1980s) approved for pregnancy termination, women could purchase MTP Kit for safe abortion without having to visit a clinic.
· In 1998, Mifepristone was approved first for use in China and France. And then, in the year 2000, the United States also allowed the use of pills to end a pregnancy up to 49 days gestation.
· In the U.S., the same medicine was permitted to support abortion through 70 days gestation. Earlier to find MTP Kit near me, you had to visit a clinic and have the medicines from a healthcare provider. There were medical facilities that could dispense the medication and no other.
· But now, retail pharmacies can also offer medicine to women on an advice slip from a professional. So, you can buy abortion pills online USA from anywhere with fast shipping.
· As per statistics, ending a pregnancy through pills is more common than invasive removal of pregnancy portions from the womb in most places such as the United States, Europe, India, and China, among others.
· Half of all unintended pregnancies in the United States, within 9 weeks of gestation are terminated with the help of Mifepristone and Misoprostol pills.
The Road Ahead for Induced Pregnancy Termination
With MTP Kit, you can forget the woes of the inability to go to a clinic for pregnancy termination. The pills arrive in a discreet package at the doorstep if you order from a reliable online outlet. With changes in the access to medications to end pregnancies, it is the states that have the power to decide the extent of coverage and services for medical abortion. But you can depend on the pills as they work in the following manner:
· Mifepristone suppresses the progesterone hormone, which sustains the pregnancy by keeping the endometrial lining intact. With the absence of the hormone, the endometrial sheds and detaches the fetus from the uterus wall.
· Misoprostol causes uterine contractions to push the pregnancy portions out of the uterus and vagina through heavy bleeding. It also widens the cervical opening. The contractions may lead to cramps and pain in the abdomen, which you can manage with painkillers.
· You must use large sanitary napkins for the bleeding. Do not douche, use a menstrual cup, or tampon. After the successful procedure within 24 to 72 hours, the bleeding will reduce. But it can last for a few weeks as per the length of gestational age.
Gone are the days when the health and life of women were at risk through unsafe abortion methods. Now, you can buy MTP Kit online to self-administer the pills for pregnancy termination at home. No need to use any instruments to puncture the uterus and vagina and pull out the fetus. No need to consume dangerous products in the hope of causing miscarriage or exercise heavily to lead to physical trauma to empty the womb. Instead, get the approved abortion pills easily, and get a solution for your unexpected pregnancy.